What is bad breath?Bad breath is also called halitosis. It can be embarrassing and can even cause anxiety.
It comes from bacteria who are trapped on the surface of the tongue and produce odors, contributing to bad breath.
Several stores are overflowing with gums, mouthwashes, mints, etc… to fight bad breath. But these products are temporary and they are not fighting the real problem.
What causes bad breath?Having a bad breath might happen if you don’t take care of your teeth.
Smoking, having a bad diet or eating some types of food like onions, garlic, spices can be worse, and can cause bad breath. When chewing your food, some particles can go around your teeth and increase bacteria. Once you digest, they enter your bloodstream and are carried to your lungs which can cause bad breath.
You could have tonsil stones or it can also be a sign of other health problems (gum disease, tooth decay, cancer, etc…)
How to know if you have a bad breath?Asking your friends and family to smell your breath is not the best option.
We are here to save you from losing your relatives, you could pick one of these options:
- Lick your wrist, let it dry for 10 seconds. If the area you licked smells bad, then you have bad breath.
- Scrap your tongue with a spoon and smell it.
- Floss your teeth and smell your floss.
How to get rid of bad breath?Having a better dental hygiene is important:
- Use a good toothbrush to clean your teeth and tongue. Kyoui prevents from all periodontal diseases and clean your mouth for a better dental health. Don’t forget to use the pick head to remove plaques on your teeth as it also causes bad breath.
Don’t forget to floss!
- Have a better diet, bacteria love sugar, lowering your sugar consumption, and drinking lots of water will help you.
- Chew a sugar-free gum, it will stimulate your saliva, which is your best ally to kills bacteria Your saliva is a natural defense mechanism against plaque acids, which cause tooth decay and bad breath.
Tips to have a natural fresh breath in seconds:
- Chew mint, it will neutralize odors
- Chew a piece of lemon or orange. The citric acid will stimulate the salivary glands and fight bad breath.
- Hold a slice of cucumber on your tongue for 30 seconds, the photochemical kills the bacteria that cause bad breath.
- Drink green tea with no sugar!
If you are still having a bad breath issue, you should refer to a dental hygienist to find the cause of the odor.